Monday, December 21, 2009

December crafting . . .

Zeke LOVES anything that has to do with paper, colors, scissors, tape and glue. The first words out of his mouth when he wakes up are frequently "Can I glue?" So, we have passed December crafting away! Here is a SMALL sample of the things Zeke (and Kaiyah) have done.We made paper chains to count down the days until Christmas. A few weeks ago we went to some friends' home and they had chains as well, but on each link they had written a name. Every night when they take off a link, they pray for the person on the link. I LOVE this idea. We'll have to do it next year.Dan came up with the idea of making homemade clay that can be baked in the oven after you make stuff out of it. Saturday we spent ALL DAY on this project. It was a lot of fun.The following picture is Kaiyah's 'I know I'm not supposed to do this but I'm going to do it anyway face.'So, after eating a bite of clay that contains a cup of salt in it, this is Kaiyah's 'maybe I should have listened to mom and dad face'!We didn't get a picture of the final results, but here is a glimpse of what my wonderfully talented husband made. I was impressed.

2 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

They are so cute! I love the ornaments. I expect my star to be on the desk where Zeke said he was going to put it so I can get it when I come visit this summer. :-)

Elizabeth said...

I need to get some ideas from you for the future! LOVE THESE!